Rob’s expertise has always been in designing something fast and just making it work. He has worked in software research and development for over 20 years with several Fortune 500 corporations, including Citrix, Cisco Systems, and Dell Computer, as well as academic institutions like Stanford University. He has expertise in leading product development in areas ranging from network security to enterprise storage to IoT. In 2004, Rob co-invented the Net6 SSL-VPN which was acquired by Citrix Systems and quickly climbed to the top of Gartner Magic Quadrant as one of the most success network security products of the time. As part of the Advanced Products group with Citrix, Rob developed many underlying technologies like a neural-net based OCR, used across product suites. In 2009, Rob leveraged this experience and developed an image compression library for a startup that was acquired by Dell that quickly became a leading tool used by major social media networks to deal with the exponential amount of data flooding into their systems. Rob holds 19 granted patents in technology across various segments, and degrees in Computer Engineering and Psychology.
On a more personal note, Rob and his wife of over 20 years have three beautiful daughters and actively serve their community. They enjoy spending their free time camping and playing games.
- University of California, Davis – Computer Science & Engineering
- William Jessup University – Psychology
- Liberty University – MA Counseling
- Liberty University – M.Div
Model Rocket Apr 2015 – Present
• Manage general business operations.
• Consult clients on technology direction and decisions.
• Lead client architecture and back-end development.
• Provide company vision and direction.
Qwasi Aug 2006 – Aug 2016
• Platform architecture, core services design and implementation
• Research and development, building POCs and partner integrations.
• API design and development, keeping our platform in sync with the industry standards
• Mobile and embedded SDK Architecture
• Technology and market alignment, trend analysis and strategy
Dell Apr Oct 2009 – Sep 2013
Principal Storage Engineer
• Came to Dell via acquisition of Ocarina Networks.
• Managed Linux to Windows Kernel port team.
• Managed .NET library team.
• Lead primary storage R&D team.
Cisco SystemsJul 2007 2015 – Oct 2009
• Maintained Cisco Linux TCP Stack.
• Managed remote WAAS Windows team.
• Developed SCTP Windows Kernel driver.
• Managed TFTP Protocol Stack.
Citrix Systems Dec 2004 – Jul 2007
Principal Software Architect
• Lead architect for Advanced Products Group.
• Developed and managed Packet Capture / Filter Systems (NDIS, kernel drivers, etc).
• Handled prototyping and proof of concept for new architectures.
• Provide code review and mentoring to Engineering Leads.
Net6May 2003 – Dec 2004
Principal Software Engineer
• Lead developer and co-inventor of the Net6 SSL VPN.
• Acquired by Citrix Systems for $50M in Dec 2004
- Product Management
- Platform Architecture
- APIs & Data Modeling
- Kernel Development
- Embedded Development